Who's here? introduce yourself!

Welcome on board @Timedeveloper
Looking forward for more conversations together.

Best,
Firas.

1 Like

@Llau
Awesome feedback!
Yes, we are really pushing for a future where composites can be the new norm for the personal electronics industry.

We are set to deliver miniaturization ( thinner, lighter, stronger) devices, while making sure we are making the right choices when it comes to sustainiblity.

We will keep you posted on that as well.

Welcome on board!
Firas

@Groundtorpedo
Well… modular smartphone where you can replace components is not so easy.
We will share more ideas about that as we go.

2 things to mention here:

1. Carbon 1 uses a monocoque design, like a Formula 1 car. meaning all components are accessible from one direction…through the screen. that makes it very easy to repair.
  2. We already planned for screen and battery replacement kits to be available from day one when we hit the market. And deliver a guide for the consumer to be able to replace it themself.
    Hopefully, while needing very minimal equipment

Welcome on board.

Firas.

3 Likes

Of course @Achim
We share the same respect for all the support and the patience so far.
Super happy to see you again on board.

Best,
Firas.

Welcome on board @Alina

One day you should visit us in Berlin then…a lot of good geeky stuff to see :wink:

Firas.

This is definitely challenging idea… but I like it, I will have some internal discussions on how that can be possible!

Welcome again @Giul

Sure, Carbon 1 MK II will be for sure a statement between all the others.
Can’t wait to deliver it to all of you guys.

Firas.

Welcome on board @Mo4395

Glad to see your enthusiasm for European brands.
We are set to be the new European-Alternative.

Speak soon.
Firas.

Seems there are more fans for the idea!
This is getting more interesting now :slight_smile:

Will for sure be open for this, and see how we can adapt our product for modularity.

Welcome on board @dani
Happy to see you here, and highly appreciate your patience.

FIras

Welcome on board @Mark
Happy to see you here.

@kofi0243
happy to see you here… I promise you not only the design and engineering.
But also Carbon 1 MK II got it unique experience with touch and weight.

Welcome on board.
Firas.

Hi Firas,

thank you.

It was just an idea. When i opened the back of the Z5 compact i realized for the first time how modular smartphones are. I then deconstructed it, put it all together again and it worked.

I don´t believe that much of the Carbon users will risk that. Therefore it is to precious.But i like the idea that i can send mine some years later to you an you can replace the 64 GB RAM f.e. with 256 GB. Even if i don´t think that i would ever need that.

But imho that could be a real sales argument. I allways wonder about these iPhone Freaks. Do they need 256 or even 512 GB. Whatfor? But they buy the garbage like completely mad people.

Regards
GT

2 Likes

Hey Everyone,

I’m Saleh , Art Director in the art and design department.
We are creating many exciting things and we can’t wait to show you!!

Looking forward to hear your ideas and thoughts.

Thank you for being part of our community.

3 Likes

Hello @kofi0243 Steffen. I had a Lumigon on order for well over 6 months, in the orange colour. It was always “going to be delivered soon” but never arrived. I finally cancelled my order and got a refund. Shortly after, I had an email saying that they had finally come into stock and I could, at last, order one. I was even offered a free dock if I ordered again, but I just couldn’t face the wait any more. Once Lumigon closed down I managed to buy one for a fraction of the price I’d ordered at (although the orange colour was still very expensive so I had a black and steel version) . I was very disappointed. The screen resolution was rather low and all the text looked huge compared to my other 'phones. I soon sold it.

@Mark Hello Mark. I had a Razr too. The original flip version. I really liked that 'phone. Sadly I didn’t have that one long as I broke it when I fell off my bicycle. Both inner and outer screens broke. It actually still worked if you could remember the sequence of button presses required to navigate the menus but that was really difficult! I replaced that one with the “bar” version (non flip) of the 'phone, the L6. That one was stronger and lasted for quite some time. [My wife still has one of these as a backup for when her work mobile goes wrong]

The L6 was replaced by a slim Samsung one - a C100. It, in turn was replaced by the Samsung SGH-X820. Now that was slim. Then the Samsung U800, not as slim but really beautiful…

A 'phone I always liked was my first “smart” 'phone. A HTC HD mini. It ran a version of Windows CE (according to Google, Windows 'Phone 6.5) which was rather good. That lasted quite some time. I sold it once Microsoft withdrew support for it and the apps were withdrawn from their “App Store”. It was an ideal size for the pocket though.

As I could be here for days listing the vast number of 'phones I’ve owned, I’ll stop now before I bore everyone to tears.

Until the next time, stay safe.

2 Likes

Hi Firas,
I think it is a good idea to think about possible target groups for Carbon Mobile.

In the automotive industry, composite materials such as carbon fiber play an important role in achieving the emission standards. They help to reduce the weight of vehicles (Exterior - e.g. as hoods, spoilers).

At the same time carbon is a material that meets the extreme requirements in motor racing.

But also in electric vehicles (installation of batteries -> weight reduction and stability) is carbon no longer indispensable (e.g. BMW i3 and i8).

And not least as an optical component (Interior - e.g. as strips, dashbords, mirror caps) to Carbon enjoys high popularity. Tuning offers unexpected possibilities.

The carbon enthusiasts in the automotive sector can therefore be reached in different ways: via the manufacturers (e.g. cooperation with individual brands who increasingly rely on carbon [branded carbon mobile?]; corporate benefits; social media channels) and the affine customers (e.g. tuning fairs; social media channels).

Let’s continue to think about.

Hans-Peter

2 Likes

Hello

I agree with this on targeting automotive enthusiasts… precisely Motorsports… that way the product will reach right ppl with knowledge and interest… can also look at d aviation industry… since carbon fibre also plays a role… next comes innovation and technology enthusiast… they I’ll always have appreciation to something so unique and innovative…

Cheers

Tejas

Hi there, my name is Robertino and well I am also a grey hair :wink: Working since more than 30 years in IT, especially cybersecurity. Currently I am running a start up for biometric security and high secure cloud services. I was always an early adaptor on new technologies and still have my Newton from 1993 at home, Compaq PDAs, Tablets etc. I love cutting edge technology and love companies like carbon that are pushing the limits…

2 Likes

This is perhaps the reason why boys should better change girls faster than cars.

My oldest pair of shoes ist now nearly twenty years old, and yours? :wink:

I am so not going to comment on the comparison between cars and girls! Or cars and shoes!
Back to the matter at hand, features to wish for in the Carbon.
How about the Operating System?

• which?
  • if Android, pure or with a proprietary UID? i. e. who is responsible?
  • updates: how often? how long in the life of the hardware?
    We all know that is was basically the software (UID, quality, ease of use,…) that differentiated the first iPhone from its earlier competitors, and made it a success(I owned all the then-famous PDAs and smartphones).
2 Likes