Who's here? introduce yourself!

Hey guys,
I am Alina. I am engineering student and a complete rookie to the whole tech community stuff. Looking forward to share and create ideas.

2 Likes

I like your idea! and you could easily offer different packages like different CPU, RAM, storage etc…

2 Likes

@Achim

Hi Achim! It’s nice to see you are still on board! I wondered the very same thing! How many of us old Carbonizers never gave up and are still here?

I look forward to talking with you again :smiley:

2 Likes

That makes at least three of us :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Achim, I am Giulnara and carbonista :smiley: since march 2017. Patience is not my virtue, but I want to get carbon mobile. 2008 I had Nokia 8800 Carbon Arte, i loved the materials - carbon looks nice, feels nice and … if the phone felt down it wasn´t damaged. so, this is one of main reasons why I was waiting 3 years for carbon. I love design and individual gadgets which separate me from mainstream

3 Likes

Hi I’m Mumith. Over 24 years I have always wanted the latest phone then smartphone. Size, weight and design is important so when I heard about the Carbon phone I was immediately interested.

I have been loyal to Erisson, SonyErisson now Sony as they made devices that looked great, were different and often had new innovations or features. However that has changed so the chance to use a Carbon phone which is different gets me excited about getting a new phone rather than just upgrading because there is a new model.

I look forward to using the device and providing my feedback.

2 Likes

I very much like the idea (of groundtorpedo‘s) of skalability and repairability!
I understand it has its limits but I could envisage ‚upgrading‘ by sending my carbon phone in to you (after all, you have all the good tools) and get it back with better CPU, more RAM,etc. all in the ‚old‘ monocoque.
Or: how about a LEASING model? Based on skalability and repairability, I could pay a monthly sum and can send in my phone every 2 years for upgrade…
Volker

2 Likes

Hi Im Daniela from Switzerland. I`m hope we get the carbon mobile soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also support the idea of Groundtorpedo of scalability and repairability. I think that modularity in the field of hardware is promising. Firstly, this enables the upgrade of individual hardware components (e.g. camera, WLAN, …) for the user. Second, it ensures resource-saving repair (e.g. battery). This means a longer lifespan for the carbon monocoque and a better ecological footprint.

2 Likes

Hi vtracy,

i just had a short look on my SONY Xperia X compact. 32 GB RAM. 13,91 GB still free. The Carbon Founders Edition was announced with 128 GB. Now it will have “only” 64 GB.

Not even my complete Life ist worth 64 GB. My blog has right now about perhaps 6 GB.

Allow me a question please: Why do boys buy cars and girls want to rent or lease them?

I am simply interested.

1 Like

Hi,

Mark here from Amsterdam. So excited to see where this is going to go. My phone background is Motorola (before the original Razr) and a long life at HTC. Ever since, I have been looking for something that is different and shows real advancement.
I am more than happy to be working on business development activities in the Benelux for Carbon Mobile. Reach out to me for any local questions!

Cheers…

2 Likes

Hi all,
I just got invited to join the community, so here I am. I’m Steffen, and as the name suggests, I’m born and bred in Germany (like many others here, it seems…), though ever since I left university, I work and live outside Europe - US, Australia, Central Asia and a lot in Africa.
Like Llau from Belgium, I love cool niche products, and when my slick Lumigon 3 broke front and back after my little boy stepped on it, I was, once again, looking for a new phone which sets itself apart from the mass production of Samsung, Apple and, yes, nowadays even Huawei.
So, well, I came across Carbon, loved design and concept by first sight, subscribed to the newsletter, watched the live launch online and ordered as soon as the shop opened (so to speak).
C u around,
Steffen

2 Likes

This is making us think!
I thought it would be a great idea to capture this convo in a new thread rather than in the intros space so I’ve started this to continue the conversation there.

1 Like

Hi #groundtorpedo!
I don‘t know why girls lease cars😁 (BTW: I disagree)
Maybe because girls like change (shoes, dress, jewellery,…)?

1 Like

Hi @Irrlicht
Welcome to the Carbonizer Community.
We will see you more often.

Firas.

You are from the great Warriors @Uwe!
Thanks for keeping up and support!

@MkStevo
You got some legacy devices there! I got #NextBit my self as well.
Also got my hands on Oppo R5 as a reference for what is the thinnest device could be back then.
Smartisan was supposed to pick up in China, expected to be the next Xiaomi, with a good founder story, but didn’t!.
Essential phone was unfortunate disaster, especially with the amount of money and media injected into.

We will support open ROMs as we go as well.

Super happy to have you with you Stevo, I am sure you will like your Carbon :alien:

Firas.

@vtracy
Great to have you on board.
Yes, I am sure your feedback going forward will be super helpful to us.
That’s a long career in the computer / IT industry!.

Welcome on board.
Firas.

Hello @HaPe
Super happy to have you as well.
Would be great to know more about how do you use CF in automotive.
Also, what do you think we can do later to reach out to more people from the automotive industry who share the same passion we have for composite materials like carbon fiber.

Indeed, CF in consumer electronics has been a big challenge to bring, we have been working on that for the last 4 years in R&D.

Welcome on board!
Firas.

Hi @Markus
Glad to see you again!
Glad you never give up… it really feels that you and the other founders who been there since the beginning are part of us as a company!
We have a huge respect to the core founders community.

Welcome on board @Markus

Firas.

1 Like