One more design locked

Eliott Gu

Hmm it would have the same advantages as MagSafe, though since it’s a proprietary interface, would it be possible to get small dongles to put either on a microusb, usb type C or even lightning cables to be able to charge the carbon with about any smartphone charging cable?

The cable may be durable as hell, but if you loose it, it’s going to take some time to find a new one ^^

Eliott Gu this is a big discussion at Carbon. We actually added a last minute change to the PCBA design, which is a 3rd port (micro USB) behind a bottom cover for emergency charging if you loose your cable (without Pump Fast charging). This probably won’t make to Mark II current release, only next iteration. Otherwise, we will make adaptors (easy solution), but these aren’t designed yet.

our original design intent actually had a sliding click-in, click-out CarbonPort #1 (the one in the bottom), but the mechanical design was to risky as you have to make tooling to specifically test its operation. We can pick up on this again for next iteration.

.click-in, click-out sliding CarbonPort #1 that behind would have a micro-USB

Eliott Gu It looks like Ironman is about to melt the iceberg

Joachim Pr
Sounds like a good idea, but mechanical parts are prone to failure. I think I woulden´t do it. I´d prefer the adaptor (easy solution and even not integrated in the phone itself, it would stay clean), maybe designed as a keychain.

Joerg Gu
Sounds good :slight_smile: because I need 3 cable and connector. Fix @home, mobile @work/hotel (230V) and mobile @car (12/24V) and with a adapter that would be more easier to use some exist hardware :wink:

Joachim Pr I agree with you. Adapter is a safer solution. Also making a hole in the body for the USB plug would create a point of weakness on an indestructible unit. Joerg Gu

Joerg Gu
:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

Joachim Pr
If I forget my cable, the likelihood that I forgot my adapter is high. Therefore, I think a key-pendant design would be good, you rarely forget your key.

Joachim Pr I like that idea. Meaning, we’ll do it.

Joachim Pr
Thanks, being able to contribute a small idea to this wonderful project, of course fills me with pride.

Daniela St

bin schon sehr gespannt auf das Endprodukt :slight_smile:

Ist schon ein genaueres Datum bekannt?

Hi Daniela St Bald gibt es einen Beitrag dazu. Nicht verpassen.

Michael Ku
Und wie sieht es aus mit dem Fortschritt?

Lukas St

Hallo, fast einen Monat ohne neuen Beitrag! Eigentlich wolltet ihr die Carbonizer Modelle im Mai ausliefern, oder? Alles in Ordnung bei euch?

Michael Ku
Ja denke die haben Probleme - deshalb verzögert es sich immer wieder.
Ist halt nicht so einfach ein Endgerät zu bauen. Prototyp ist da einfacher - aber jetzt muss alles passen sonst ist der “Ruf” dahin.

Schade nur dass immer mehr neue Flagship Smartphones präsentiert werden oder in der Pipeline sind. Da wird es schwer das Phone zu dem Preis in der Breite zu vermarkten.

Michael Ku
hab gerade mit jorge gechattet … sind gerade in taiwan das mainboard zu produzieren …carbon 69 sind wohl auch schon produziert … gibt zeitnah infos hier … da ich ihm sagte, dass das nach der langen stillen zeit hier wichtig wäre

Der Magnet Stecker ist ja mal der Hammer. Kein blödes Gefummel. Ich freue mich schon so Doll darauf. Nach 6 Jahren kann man ja auch mal das Handy wechseln. :slight_smile:

WOW! This is not just news… This is Awesome news… was aware of neodymium being a good rare earth magnet… but happy to learn it’s strongest…
What amuses me is Kevlar… this is again another strong material… also one of my favourite material… so this cable is gona last a time…
This phone and V Carbonizers definitely deserve d best… V chose d best…
Thank u again