January Production Update

Hi all

Good news!
Production started yesterday of the Founder Editions and all is going well.
As is commonly frustrating for us at this time, I don’t have the images yet to show with the Factory team as they are so focused on their jobs. Normally at this point, Firas and I would be there to bring you the news live with great content to show but we are stuck in Europe due to COVID.

The first 100 Founder units were assembled yesterday with more in production today and tomorrow.
We are doing few iterations of testing for software and hardware, as this is the first batch we ship to customers, we are taking extra care before shipment.

Our expectation is to have them in Berlin by next week, we will be more certain of the date, once they are on the plane from Asia to Europe.
We are organizing a Founders broadcast in 2 weeks now.
Email communications for final payments for those that have paid deposits coming in the next few days.

Very exciting times now!

In the meantime, I wanted to share this beautiful picture with you.
Last week, we filed for another patent, empowering our HyRECM technology. The process allows for the grounding of Carbon Fiber, through an innovative silver inking process. We had previously shared with you some challenges around the ‘noise’ from the antenna. With this solution, we reduced the noise on antenna TIS (Total Isotropic Sensitivity) and also improved TRP (Total Radiated Power) values to achieve the standard for a flagship European smartphone product.
Soon we are launching our blog which will tell you more about the development process of our HyRECM technology.
P1322069 (1)

7 Likes

That are really great news with the production, shipping and developments of HyRECM. Thanks a lot for informing us.

1 Like

Wow, great news and great pics!!
Thank you very much Jamie for your infos!

1 Like

Thanks for the information update. :heart:

Just so I understand it correctly:

CW 5 Completion of the first batch,
CW 6 Arrival in Berlin, packaging there,
CW 7 Shipment to the Carbonizer Founders.

Nur dass ich es richtig verstehe:

KW 5 Fertigstellung der ersten Charge,
KW 6 Ankunft in Berlin, dort Konfektionierung,
KW 7 Aussendung der “Founder Edition”

4 Likes

Hi Achim,

That’s about correct. As you know we can’t control logistics, especially there is Chinese New Year, starting next week.
I think as soon as the shipment is on the plane from Hong Kong to Germany, then everything will be certain.
We do have few backups regarding the shipment, so I think we have it under control.
We will keep you posted.
Best.
Firas.

5 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. :+1:

2 Likes

:upside_down_face: Post must be at least 20 characters. OK :nerd_face:

Any idea about orders of July, out of carbonizer, edition delivery time :wink: ? (I guess my carbonizer link did expires back then)

Viele grüße

Hello @Osyks
I am not sure what you mean.
@jamie is responsible for the program and he will be happy to help.

1 Like

This is the best news I have heard for quite some time!
Thanks for the ray of sunshine in these dark times!

1 Like

Can we already say something, is everything ready, is it already on the way, when can we expect first pictures of the equipment from Berlin?

Kann man schon was sagen, ist alles fertig geworden, ist es schon auf dem weg, wann können wir erste Bilder der Geräte aus Berlin erwarten?

1 Like

Today is Vietnamese Têt, Friday is Chinese New Year … sad weeks for the industry are coming folks

1 Like

Hi @Osyks
what sad weeks?

Hello All,

We sent the founder edition over 2 shipments, first one on Friday, second on Monday.
Both are on the way still.
Chinese New Year was a big challenge to go around and of course with COVID it’s more difficult.
We expect to have the first delivery by Friday/Saturday.
We are planning to ship next week. And we will share pictures once the babies arrive Berlin :wink:.
Keep you posted.
Best,
Firas.

8 Likes

Yes, yes, yes… soooo nice!!! Thank you all so much for that upcoming last step!

Great news and work being done. It‘s often worth waiting.

the next two weeks during chinese holidays

Good Job, great news and can’t wait for it :slight_smile:

Hi All

Great news, Founder Editions have landed in Germany!

They are in customs and waiting to clear. So so close now.
Tomorrow you will receive an email from me highlighting what is happening next.
The key thing here is for those of you that still need to close your balance on payment, we will need to do that by 23:00 17 Feb.

We appreciate this is a short window for payment but we really wanted to see the devices land in Germany before we moved forward. Im sure you can understand that given some of the recent challenges :slight_smile:

Next week is a very big week for us. There will be a Founders intro session on 18th Feb. More details coming soon but make sure you tune in.

Thanks all

6 Likes

Hi Jamie,
that are really great news.
Thank you :+1::blush:
Bernd

1 Like