Carbon 1 MK II - Software, Hardware, Discuss

Hello Firas Hope all well…?
what’s ur thought on ASUS phones… Yes they are more inclined towards gaming… I like overall feel…

My bad… that have been competitive in terms of performance all this while… but this one is very competitive in terms of pricing also…

I should like to come back to the design of the Mk II.
One more thought: All the iPhones that I used needed a bumper or even cover for the back because I found them slippery on the back. However, a bumper or cover is a bad sign for the design because it corrects a deficiency, obviously.
So, I would lime a phone that is thin and ‚handy‘, has an agreeable tactile character and which does neither a bumper that makes it wider and less smooth on the rim, or a cover that makes it thicker and wider.
The material for the back should offer a feeling of a safe grip. That way, I retain the phone design for which I chose that model.

1 Like

Naother idea: I saw in the latest ‚connect‘ magazine, a report on a foldable phone. That gave me the idea that it would be good to have a foldable tablet. One that is handier when folded but A4 size when opened. The thickness that makes a foldable phone less appealing to me would be acceptable for a tablet that is bigger and heavier anyway and cannot be. arried around in a shirt or jacket pocket.
Volker

Yeaterday, I sat again at my PC, doing so e work better done with keyboard and big screen. And I was checking my calendar entries…
That reminded me: PLEASE do find a way to make as many data that is on the carbon phone available on other devices, also! That, to me, is a major convenience item. Look at a negative example: iphone/iPad. Sync with Mac? Yes, easy. Sync iPhone with iPad or vice versa? yes, easy. Sync with Outlook? Yes… in a way, if you are willing to bend over backwards…
Way back when smartphone did not exist yet but PDAs did(Personal Digital Assistants) to me the most important item in the list of characteristics was the synchronization software that came with it! That made the - otherwise clunky - devices worth while for me. And that is the one most annoying item with my iPhoe and iPad today, that it is not (easily) integratable into my work environment.
For all of us to who. the smartphone is not just a gadget but a too, for business and everyday use, let it synchronize!

Here is another idea, for marketing the carbon phone:
NO BUMPER NEEDED!
As I said in an earlier post, I hate the fact that, in order to protect my slim iPhone from crashs, I have to put a bumper around it! The reason was that I had dropped my new Xs, it fell on a corner, the glass front broke. Repair cost: 160,00€ !
Can we make the carbon body so that the expensive screen is protected from the sides, as well? That would make for a great - and convient - marketing item: Your Carbon Phone is slim, and it stays slim because you need no bumper.
And for those that want bodies (of the phone😁) that have fancy colours or pictures… let the carbon body be interchangeable.

Volker

1 Like

No Bumper… would ne sooo nice! Thank you Volker

SyncMate was what I used a number of years ago. That allowed sync of playlists, calendars, address books (contacts) with the Mac almost seamlessly. I have to say that at the moment I have my iMac Calendar synced through Google, I have a linked Google calendar on my iMac and once set up correctly, everything, in the phrase so popular with Steve Jobs, just works. Entries added on my 'phone appear on the iMac, and entries added on the iMac appear on the 'phone. As I often swap back and forth between different devices this works for all my Android devices including two tablets which share the same Android (Google) account.

For transferring data between my Mac and my 'phone(s) and tablet(s) I install an application called HandShaker by Smartisan. There is an app for both the Mac and the 'phone/tablet. This can provide a connection between the iMac and the portable device that allows dragging and dropping of files between both. Connections can be through WiFi or USB. It works how Android File Transfer should. In my experience, Android File Transfer is hopeless.

HandShaker is how I first found out about Smartisan, and how I came to import one of their 'phones from China to the UK. It’s a great 'phone too.

1 Like

@MkStevo, I think your story about syncing tells it all. You had to go to quite a length in order to sync your mobile devices to other mobile ones and your PC/Mac. That should not be necessary! One of the main features of a mobile device that offers: calendar, contacts, and email, should be the automatic synchronization with stationary and other mobile devices. I remember earlier times when there were only paper calendars, I had to manually update my desk calendars at home and in the office with my wallet calendar. athat was my main reason for buying first the Palm, then all the other PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) from HP, Sony et al.
Therefore, please! find a way to offer easy sync with as many other devices as possible. BTW that might give the Carbon another edge on the competition.
Volker

1 Like

Will there be multiple functions for the buttons on the side for example taking pictures with one of them & what kind of material is going to be used for those buttons ?

Well, I’m not sure if I would need this. Calendar, eMail, contacts are nowadays in the cloud. So they sync with all devices Independent from the brand and OS. So the remaining Ort are playlists. But depending what provider you’re using they are also saved in the cloud. So having a plain vanilla Android with the possibility for upgrades and the possibility adding some security is my favorite. And having the chance to have an Carbon theme to change the look and feel would be perfect. Apps are so individual to the topic and person using it.

How much time can we expect until the phone is fully charged & how is it going to be ensured that it won‘t overheat ?

I would be happy about a fuction for automatic switch off at a given time in the evening and switch on at a given time in the morning. A special Carbon theme would also be fine.

1 Like

I was just thinking about the placement on the right side of all buttons from carbon 1 mk II. If your’re a right-hander it‘s easy to switch them with your thumb. Maybe operating the buttons & the fingerprint would be more pleasant for left-handers if they were assembled on the other side, like a „left-hander version“. I don’t know neither if the effort of offering that would be possible/worth it nor if it‘s really essential in daily usage.

2 Likes

Meiner Tochter, sie ist Linkshänderin, gefällt es, dass sich mal jemand darüber Gedanken macht, meint aber das es im Alltag keine Rolle spielt.

My daughter, who is left-handed, likes to have someone think about it, but believes that it doesn’t matter in everyday life.

1 Like

Regarding the bezels on top & bottom: will they be used for something like notifications on top (besides the logo on the backside) or configurable buttons on the bottom (which may be old-fashioned) or will they remain without further functions ?

by how much GB will it be possible to expand the internal storage ?

!!! ÉnooOoorme !!!

Thank you so much

We tried 256GB, worked fine.
512GB should work as well, but I need to check performance on that.

Thats great combined with the raised internal storage. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

In defense of my suggestion re. sync with other devices:
By far not everybody likes their personal data where they can be accessed by others (potentially). I like my data where I can protect it from unauthorized access!
Also, if you can program it to sync with the diverse Clouds, you can sync it with other devices, too. It always needs software on both sides, or that the cloud accepts standard formats of address, calendar, email. So far, I have not experienced smooth sync‘ing except between devices of the same company (in my case: iPhone with iPad).
Volker

1 Like