Production Update. DVT#2 Has Begun

Are there any plans to update the processor? On my opinion the processor is now much more older then one year…
and the Carbon I is still not for sale.

2 Likes

Ich denke das wird nicht möglich sein, wenn wir es noch vor Ostern haben wollen. Andererseits, das Weihnachtsgeschäft ist jetzt eh schon durch. :grin:

2 Likes

Hello, I was asking nearly the same, but it doesn’t seem to be that easy. Here‘s the answer I got from Firas: What's Next? Tell us your ideas

Good evening Carbon team, do you have any updates, news, infos or just some nice pics for us?

1 Like

@jamie
grafik
Since Thursday finished: Antenna & Mainboard Production, until tomorrow finished: DTV#2 Assembly.
Could you keep the timeline up to here?

1 Like

Status Update: 16-11-2020

Hello all,

We are got all issues resolved, getting ready for DVT#2.

We have to push back DVT#2 date after quality check requirements on some of the parts.
Meaning we are doing an assembly for a smaller quantity before the big DVT#2 assembly.
Pending parts so far:

• Antenna: delivery tomorrow.
  • Mainboard: delivery Wednesday.
  • Speaker box: there was some tuning required, we made an adjustment last week, and parts re-worked to arrive this week again. Arriving this week.

All other parts are ready, and software is fully integrated for the latest hardware/camera tunning changes.

We had to push DVT#2, to early next week.

We already prepared units for testing and certification, trying to maintain time and quality control.

Will keep you posted with the latest news.
Unfortunately, the team is super hooked and can’t take photos. We should be able to share more next week.

Best,
Firas.

4 Likes

Quiet, silence… are there any news, updates? We are looking forward for some final news about production and upcoming delivery status.
Good morning Berlin😊

Stephan, just coming online to update :slight_smile:

Latest news from the Carbon Development Team.

We have seen big progress with all parts received now for assembly with the exception of the mainboards which are due tomorrow morning.
We needed to do a last-minute tuning and test each individual mainboard for a full functionality test.

Development Validation Testing #2 (DVT#2) is now planned for Saturday to Monday, with all parts ready for the first 80 devices to be put into production and testing.

While doing all of the above, we are trying to save time on certification.
We started the pre-testing process for CE and GMS (Google Certification).
So another milestone here is we passed the pre-testing for these 2 certifications.

We will be sharing more photos from the assembly of the DVT#2 on Monday/Tuesday with a full video update.

Looking forward to showing you 80 beautiful, powered up devices on the production line!

3 Likes

Nicht mehr lange dann bekommen wir unsere Handys :grin:

1 Like

Oh very nice! Progress sounds so gooood👍🏼

Very exciting… can’t wait.

Hi All

Update from the production line.
Today we started the trail assembly to make sure DVT#2 build from production process and testing stations are done correctly.
Our quality control engineer, test engineer, product manager were together with the managers and engineers of the assembly line partner company. They requested to make further improvement to the production line before making the final 70 units. This is for them to focus on efficiencies and quality insurances in the process.

This is exactly the role of the DVT#2 stage as it is about validating the production process.

The final devices are expected to be assembled with the revised production line this week and testing is already happening in parallel.

Progress is good, and we will have more news to share in the full update by the end of the week.

Thanks
Jamie

7 Likes

Awesome news! I imagine the updates will be more frequent up to shipping!

Sounds great!
Thx for the update Jamie!

Thanks. Here’s hoping the wait will soon be over and I can hold the 'phone in my hand. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh carbon.

In other words, a delay of about five weeks. Delivery then at the beginning of February. Correct?

1 Like

Okay, I guess we need to get used about delivery sometimes in 2021…
no real problem, but the cpu will older and older (also the Carbonizers😃)

3 Likes

The “end of the week” is approaching inexorably, I am very curious what will be new.

Das Ende der Woche nähert sich unaufhaltsam, ich bin sehr gespannt was es Neues geben wird.

Hello all,
We are finishing the assembly tonight.
So far it’s positive.
Our team has a crazy week together with our partners on the assembly line, working from early morning to midnight every day.
So far it’s very positive for DVT#2.
We are also already progressing on CE certification and GMS (Google) certification.
We are feeling very happy with the results so far, more to go. Keep you posted.

I will share another update with video/pictures.

Best,
Firas.

6 Likes

This is great news. Hopefully we will get our phones before Christmas. That would be fantastic.
Best regards
Bernd

2 Likes