Screen outage, stays black

Hi all,

yesterday morning I tried to start my carbon, but the screen remained black. It still does. The light at the back is on, so the phone is working. The finger print sensor sends its vibration response as well as the screen, when touching the area, where I guess the PIN numbers would be. But the whole display stays black. reset (volume low + on/off) does not help. The support asked me to send the phone in. Any ideas or similar experiences?

best regards

Michael

1 Like

Hello Michael,

This is very unfortunate and it seems that the display has a defect. We do not think there is a way to fix this without sending in the device. Needless to say that we will of course fix this for free. If you have further questions about the Repair process please reply to the support email we have sent you for the repair process.

Regards, Jascha

Samuel Seagull

Es hat mir auch Passiert.

Ich kann ĂŒber mein Carbon bislang kein schlechtes Wort sagen. Außer, dass der Akku etwas nachgelassen hat und das Gorilla Glas 6 nicht ganz so kratzfest ist. Von daher wĂ€re es wĂŒnschenswert gewesen, wenn Carbon das Mobile direkt mit Displayschutz ausgeliefert hĂ€tte.

Ich hoffe, dass Carbon das Problem lösen wird. UnabhÀngig davon halte ich stets mehrere Backup-Phones vor. Das Carbon ist m.E. immer noch in einer Art spÀterer Erprobungsphase. Es ist ein absolutes Nischenprodukt und kann daher nicht mit Apple usw. verglichen werden.

Wenn ich mich an mein SONY Xperia Z5 compact zurĂŒck erinnere, dann hat sich da zuerst das Display abgelöst, und danach der “Heckdeckel”. Mein MK II hĂ€lt sich da trotz Einsatzes in der kroatischen Sommerhitze deutlich besser.

Viel GlĂŒck jedenfalls mit der Reparatur des Carbon. Mein bestes Backup ist ĂŒbrigens das Huawei P30 Lite.

Absolut richtig. Das kann passieren, ist ja eine Art Vor-SeriengerĂ€t. Ich bin auch total happy mit dem GerĂ€t. Kamera ist ein bisschen dĂŒrftig, ist mir aber nicht wichtig. Ich finde das Carbon nach wie vor toll.

Hi,

I have the same problem, since 7 days. I wrote to the Support, but i did not get any answer until now.

Best regards

Alexander

there is a German support number, they have been very supportive, they also arrange the repair. The number is +49 (0)30 1208 2035