Protective Cover for the Carbon 1 MK II

What’s about a protective cover for the Carbon 1 MK II?
I am very careful with my technical equipment, because I hate scratches and damaged surfaces of my technical toys.
Do have already solutions for this?

I would appreciate, to have a protective cover for the Carbon 1 in an adequate design.

1 Like

Nice idea… to protect the Carbon mobile.
But I hope, these cover would never ne necessary because of the top Carbon and gorilla glas materials.

1 Like

The original idea was to protect the display with a flap that is magnetically docked. Whether this is still part of the plan, I don’t know.

2 Likes

I just ask myself why i never had a protecting cover, except for the display. And that also did´nt work. As i one day unfortunately shortly sat on my SONY Z5 compact, the display was broken and not functional any more.

I am never going to sell my Carbon. So why should i be afraid of scratches? The glas of my actual SONY X compact is so good that i simply can´t see them. And the Carbons glas should be far more better.

Sorry, but a Carbon imho is not an iPhone. Just have a look at the bay. How many people try to sell their old iPhones there to relatively poor people who tend to think that an iPhone is a symbol of status. The Carbon will hopefully be the phone for those who don´t ever need to sell it.

1 Like

And the old cover desgin could be folded into some kind of stand and looked really cool!
I like it a lot! :grinning:

There is nothing wrong with wanting to protect the things you love! :heart_eyes:
Especially if you plan on using them for a long time. It’s nice if they still look good and well cared for!

1 Like

I would like to have that former display fold cover… only for the front :+1:

What about a wallet for the Carbon, perhaps three cards and some money? Something like that f.e.wallet.

2 Likes

I would like a water resistent holder for my smart bike.
Best as a hardcase. :bike:

1 Like

I know the phone comes with gorilla glass 6 but will there be a protective screen foil available or part of the package ? Maybe also as an optional opportunity like the charging adapter for those who really need/want it ? (this post & topic may also be a part of the packaging discussion)

2 Likes

I was thinking a lot about bikers actually… how do you imagine this holder? you want it with a holder on the bike a well?
or you got that in there?

1 Like

thanks all for sharing your thoughts.

The plan we have now is:

• we will start with a Carbon 1 Bumper first, this is mainly to protect the corner from damages. Also give extra gap on the back and front, to avoid scratches.
  • Then produce the Carbon 1 Stealth cover (that most of you know), we need to make an adjustment to make the mechanical movement of the cover works well. This will be a very sexy cover for your Carbon 1 smartphone.

As we are focusing on finishing the product, our resources don’t have the capacity at the moment to finalize those accessories, however, the bumper will come out quickly, right after shipping Carbon 1. Beginning 2021.

2 Likes

Hi Firas,
current I have this one. But it has no click system.

Yes I want to fix it with an holder to the bike.
I have bought another case for the carbon but it is a softcase.
The click system is better.

Thanks for thinking about it.

Outdoor activities with the bicycle belong to the typical situations where the battery capacity reaches its limits. Therefore I could imagine to combine such a mount with a powerbank.

1 Like

I like the sound of a sexy cover! A bumper too sounds ideal. Until those come out I guess I will just have to be very careful.

Will it have an influence on the cell phone reception if the HyRECM sections are protected with those bumpers / covers & does it mean that they also have to be made out of HyRECM or is the usage of other materials possible as well ?

It would be best not to spoil this wonderfully thin and light phone with bumpers, covers or anything else. I think I will try to use it naked first. I hope it will not be that sensitive.

Am Besten wäre es man müsste dieses wunderbar dünne, leichte Telephon nicht mit Bumpern, Covern oder sonstigem verschandeln. Ich denke ich werde versuchen es erstmal nackt zu nutzen. So empfindlich wird es schon nicht sein hoffe ich.

3 Likes

Meine Rede, danke Achim!
Ich kann null nachvollziehen, warum gut designte Dinge in Schlabbergummi packen muss:-)
Das geht doch total am Ziel vorbei, ein schönes Smartphone anzufassen und anzusehen!
Ich werde es genauso handhaben… naked use

2 Likes

Personally, I agree with you both. I won’t be using a bumper on my Carbon 1 Founder Edition.
However, we know people want to protect their screen and give extra damage control with a bumper so we have been exploring ideas. Big update coming on Monday where we’ll show you what’s in the works.

1 Like

The biodegradeable range of cases by Incipio, Organicore, might fit with the renewable credentials of Carbon Mobile?

https://incipio.com/collections/organicore

1 Like

This looks really good, only the shipping route from the US to Europe is quite far.

I found a german company offering carbon cases & another one from switzerland also with bio-based products:

https://carbon-cover.de/en/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5KDSlPrN7AIVhJSyCh0WjQmnEAMYASAAEgLnfPD_BwE

https://swibio.ch/

2 Likes