Production Update. DVT#2 Has Begun

Quiet, silence… are there any news, updates? We are looking forward for some final news about production and upcoming delivery status.
Good morning Berlin😊

Stephan, just coming online to update :slight_smile:

Latest news from the Carbon Development Team.

We have seen big progress with all parts received now for assembly with the exception of the mainboards which are due tomorrow morning.
We needed to do a last-minute tuning and test each individual mainboard for a full functionality test.

Development Validation Testing #2 (DVT#2) is now planned for Saturday to Monday, with all parts ready for the first 80 devices to be put into production and testing.

While doing all of the above, we are trying to save time on certification.
We started the pre-testing process for CE and GMS (Google Certification).
So another milestone here is we passed the pre-testing for these 2 certifications.

We will be sharing more photos from the assembly of the DVT#2 on Monday/Tuesday with a full video update.

Looking forward to showing you 80 beautiful, powered up devices on the production line!

3 Likes

Nicht mehr lange dann bekommen wir unsere Handys :grin:

1 Like

Oh very nice! Progress sounds so gooood👍🏼

Very exciting… can’t wait.

Hi All

Update from the production line.
Today we started the trail assembly to make sure DVT#2 build from production process and testing stations are done correctly.
Our quality control engineer, test engineer, product manager were together with the managers and engineers of the assembly line partner company. They requested to make further improvement to the production line before making the final 70 units. This is for them to focus on efficiencies and quality insurances in the process.

This is exactly the role of the DVT#2 stage as it is about validating the production process.

The final devices are expected to be assembled with the revised production line this week and testing is already happening in parallel.

Progress is good, and we will have more news to share in the full update by the end of the week.

Thanks
Jamie

7 Likes

Awesome news! I imagine the updates will be more frequent up to shipping!

Sounds great!
Thx for the update Jamie!

Thanks. Here’s hoping the wait will soon be over and I can hold the 'phone in my hand. Really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh carbon.

In other words, a delay of about five weeks. Delivery then at the beginning of February. Correct?

1 Like

Okay, I guess we need to get used about delivery sometimes in 2021…
no real problem, but the cpu will older and older (also the Carbonizers😃)

3 Likes

The “end of the week” is approaching inexorably, I am very curious what will be new.

Das Ende der Woche nähert sich unaufhaltsam, ich bin sehr gespannt was es Neues geben wird.

Hello all,
We are finishing the assembly tonight.
So far it’s positive.
Our team has a crazy week together with our partners on the assembly line, working from early morning to midnight every day.
So far it’s very positive for DVT#2.
We are also already progressing on CE certification and GMS (Google) certification.
We are feeling very happy with the results so far, more to go. Keep you posted.

I will share another update with video/pictures.

Best,
Firas.

6 Likes

This is great news. Hopefully we will get our phones before Christmas. That would be fantastic.
Best regards
Bernd

2 Likes

Hi all
Just a little update further to Firas’ message.
We haven’t had all of the images/video required from the assembly line to give you the full picture of what is happening there.
We have a call tomorrow with the Factory tomorrow afternoon to get the final updates and some lovely shots to share with you.
Watch this space!
Speak to you tomorrow.
Jamie

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing those news, also for the great job of your team & partners of the assembly working so long. Hopefully they will be treated fair and get paid appropriately.

1 Like

Thanks,
Will be waiting for the tomorrow update… :hugs:

1 Like

Hi Thom

Of course. Fairtrade practices is a key pillar on which Carbon Mobile is built and something we take very seriously.
Just to let you know, time is booked in pre-determined slots with our assembly line partners. It is our management and engineers doing the extra hours on the development rather than the assembly line team.
The team out there are genuinely excited by the developments over the past few days. They mainly get frustrated when I ask them to send great images and video to share :slight_smile:

To help them out, we sent a camera crew in yesterday and today to get some good shots.
Update coming on a new thread in the next hour.

1 Like

That‘s good to hear & better for my moral conflict. Thanks for your answer.

1 Like

It’s late in the day but you can find the latest update here: Production Update. DVT#2 December

Thanks for your patience all.