Essential apps for Carbon I with android

Any ideas and suggests for must-have apps on our Carbon I?

1 Like

interesting topicsā€¦ before suggesting would like to know apps already available unique to only carbon phone?

Well, I think thatā€™s depending what you wanna use your Carbon for. Iā€™ll start with 3 apps (ProtonVPN, ZeroTier One, ProtonMail). Afterwards Iā€™ll see whatā€™s missing. As I think weā€™ll play around a lot for testing I stick in the beginning with a bare minimum. The chances for resetting and start all over again are not so small. :smile:

1 Like

I donĀ“t think that preinstalled apps are necessary. We are not little Apple-Usergirls. IĀ“d personally like to have a very slim stock android. Imho some nice backgrounds an diverse designsymbols for the apps are more useful than preinstalled apps. IĀ“d suggest a very dark design with white or a little bit coloured symbols for less battery comsumption. The Carbon is a masterpiece of art, so its display should look like that. Can you remember the Prada smartphone made by LG?

prada LG

4 Likes

one of reasons why carbon caught my attention was minimalism - I like clean mobile, without 100 unnecesary apps. special design for screen, I think it is important focuse on those details too - puristic carbon mobile will be possible to recognize from the distance.

3 Likes

Something like the HTC sense interface. sober and practical.
A powerful file explorer

1 Like

Ich hatte bis vor einem Jahr ein Nokia Windows Phone.

Ich habe das Design und das Layout geliebt, es war einfach, minimalistisch und intuitiv :ok_hand:t3:

Wenig vorinstalliert und ein super Unterteilungā€¦wenn das Carbon sich so entwickelt bin ich glĆ¼cklich :+1:t2:

1 Like

Simple app to manage files and dataā€¦ including media and entertainment
most important easy to access and clean junk and trash files.
Something for security Iā€™ll be really appreciatedā€¦
All application be customised with carbon feel but simple to operate and access
thatā€™s for nowā€¦ anything more Iā€™ll updateā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

I always liked that ā€œPradaā€ interface. I wanted to get one of the LG Armani devices, but never managed to. I have installed some similar looking icon packs on various 'phones to emulate the look but they often donā€™t have icons for every app I install. That leaves me with some apps that have icons that donā€™t match the others. This eventually drives me to remove the icon pack!

It is possible to switch the display on most 'phones to give a complete system wide black and white only display. Again, I have done this on a few of my 'phones from time to time, but usually find myself going back to a colour display after a week or two.

2 Likes

Well, it still makes fun to individualize his smartphone theme. Here an example of a dark theme for my beloved Kazam Tornado 348.

kazam

The previous Sony Z3 compact had a larger battery, so i had a individual white theme.

sony

Perhaps Carbon can install a theme database or an icon database with categories like f.e. banking, music, email and so on. IĀ“m sure some users will fill it up.

1 Like

An app for cleaning the memory from no longer used files, empty the trash and for removing old date from deinstalled apps like the app ā€œSD MAIDā€ for example would be nice.

1 Like

I loved old Nokia N900 display, specially because of calendar.

2 Likes

Wow, yesā€¦ that looks really nice! Not that much and also simple!
I likešŸ‘šŸ¼

I have a similar calendar on my ā€œusualā€ home screenā€¦I have this layout on my 'phones normally, I sometimes move things around a little to suit the wallpaper, but this is generally how I set it up.

Weather widget (Yr), Moon widget (Daff Moon), Calendar widget (aCalendar+) and then some shortcuts to my most used apps.

Simple and clean.

Thereā€™s an entry for October 3rd. Wonder what that could be?

2 Likes

Lol, what does it mean on the 3rd of october?
We will see what Firas will tell us about the releaseā€¦
your homescreen looks very clean and nice!

I started countdown, 3th of october is public holiday and saturday, so, I suppose, carbons will be shipped on monday, 5th of october 2020 ( :slight_smile: )
I expect to get carbon on tuesday or wednesday
I will sayā€¦ 11 days left, or what do you think, guys?

1 Like

Giulā€¦ it would be so nice, to receive our great smartCarbonsā€¦
letā€™s see and wait what happenend to the antennas testšŸ¤Ŗ

1 Like

Firas has announced for today (Friday) to deliver an update here. So far nothing came yet. :thinking: :unamused:

2018 I proudly announced that in may 2018 I will get incredible smartphone - Carbon. I informed my friends in USA,UAE, Ukraine, Catalonia. I asked in Vodafone Shop why Carbon is listed only by T-Mobileā€¦ so, everybody was waiting, some asked for bonus smartphones ( it was promised for 3 friends 25 or 30% less as regular price) now I am just sitting and waiting with crossed fingers :slight_smile:

some pictures from february 2018

2 Likes