I was very excited to find something like Carbon, I liked the concept so much that I even wanted to become a local reseller. Sadly I didn’t know that I am dealing with a very irresponsible company.
After lots of trials I could finally speak to the Sales Manager which promised to send me a pricelist for our collaboration but that never happened.
I waited 3 weeks and then finally I decided that I will order at least one piece to try it out. I placed the order from a business account and I was expecting NOT to pay VAT (as it should be in the EU), but nevertheless I was charged the full gross price. I’ve sent an email asking a VAT return, but I’ve never got an answer on that.
The phone came pretty fast (in 3 days) but then I found out that the phone is actually not that good. Here are my impressions:
- The phone gets very hot after a couple minutes of usage, I installed an app and after 5-10 mins of videochat the CPU is over 40 degrees C
- The connections are unstable, WiFi gets often dropped, Mobile net also gets often dropped
- Battery lasts for a very short time, my 4 year old Samsung with 66% capacity lasts 3 times more
- Camera doesn’t focus in many apps, so you get blurred pictures. Otherwise, if you manage to focus properly, the quality is OK
- The sound is very bad, I have trouble hearing others and every other person had trouble hearing me. Literally every person who I called (phone, WhatsApp, Messenger, anything) said that I sound like I was speaking from far away
- Can’t set different ringtones for the 2 SIMs, maybe that’s an Android problem, but I didn’t like it
- Proximity sensor doesn’t work, many times when my phone is at my ear some random things get pressed on the screen
- The stock Android is nice, but lacks some nice features that Samsung’s One UI has, for a person coming from Samsung environment, the Carbon UI just sucks
The biggest problem is anyway, the communication with Carbon. My emails are not answered, I have to send many reminders to receive one answer.
The tragedy came when I wanted to send back the phone. Somebody immediately contacted me and wanted to get my feedback, but I had to insist many times to get the return address from them. I’ve sent my return intention on Aug 3 and they’ve sent me the return address on Aug 9. I’ve sent back the phone on Aug 14 and up until now (Sep 4) I didn’t receive my money back.
I start believing that I will never get my money back and I am sad that a nice idea can die in the hands of some irresponsible people…
Think twice before ordering from them and don’t believe that the phone is something extraordinary. The marketing is good, but the technology sucks and the company is a disappointment.