What else should I try?

I am quite satisfied with my Carbon, except for one thing - it can’t get a position fix on any navigational satellite system. I would like to discuss this with someone from Carbon Mobile, but neither on using the feedback in the Carbonizer App three weeks ago nor the chatbot on the homepage last week I have gotten any response. I have given up on calling long ago, btw.

Since this appears to be read:

Where should I go with my problem? I would gladly send you logs or whatever, but I don’t want to shout them into the void. Also, a solution would be highly appreciated, since all location based services are only barely working for me (only within range of WLAN).

Hello @Wyvern
I got your feedback through the app.
And our team is already looking at it, sorry we didn’t get back to you. As the app is not integrated with support.

We noticed this problem with 2 customers so far.
Can you please use GPS TEST App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en&gl=US
Go in an open area, and take a screenshot after 30 seconds or so (trying to connect with GPS satellites).
Do you have problem with calling? You mean support center?

Best,
Firas.

Hi Firas,

thanks for your reply!

I had already used GPS Test several times, even for 15 minutes at one time, and it always showed the picture it did just now:

You do have a call center? I tried the Berlin number on the homepage.

Cheers
D.

We are doing further investigation on WIFI and GPS in General.
Will keep you posted.
But it can’t be that the performance is extremely low.

Regarding the call center, yes, it should be working. What is the issue you are facing there?

Just running into the answering machine after a few rings

Hello @Wyvern What happened when you tried calling? Our hotline should be available Monday through Friday. Maybe you called outside the opening hours (9am-5pm CET)?

Hi @jaschacarbonizer, when I did call 03012082035 during closing time, it told me that, so no complaint here.

The last time I tried was April 9th, at 11:14, 11:24 and 12:00. It rang a few times, then the answering machine came on.

Any news on this? Not being able to use location based services is proving quite a drag.

If there is no software fix in sight, I would gladly provide you with my device for analysis in exchange for another one that’s fully operational…