December Production Update Pt 2

Merry Christmas to you and everyone.
Hope you are having a great time with your family and friends.

Thank you for the patience and support this year.
The team is taking a well-earned break for the festive period.

More news coming next week as we get ready for January.

Stay safe, stay merry!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas also to the whole team!
Take care and stay healthyšŸŽ„

2 Likes

Have a great Carbon filled New Year everyone.

@firascarbonizer, @jamie thank you for the continued conversation and updates.

3 Likes

Hi Leonhard, yes indeed you will still get them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think itā€™s worth waiting for ā€¦congratz guys on a innovative product and the realization of your dream.I donā€™t know if you know that you probably inspired people to go their own way in other fields.
Thanks for your efforts and updates.

Any news on the delivery date of the Mk III ?
Volker

Hufff,
Thatā€™s a big one we are working on and we are soo excited about very very new features in the next-gen and of course, a much higher build quality.
We are at the moment closing an investment round, which is taking longer than expected.
Once closed, we can kick off the project and have a more certain timeline. The good news, is once a timeline is established, it will mean that we will have an established carbon composites technology, funding, good partners, decent resources and team. So we should be able to deliver on time

3 Likes

Thank you, Firas.
I had a bad feeling about that project, for all the other items on your agenda. Last not least the virus! It must have impacted your work as it did ours. So, good to hear that work on the new carbon phone is proceeding as planned.
Our motto in my old company was:
ā€žPlan your work and work your plan.ā€œ
I wish you success!
Volker

Thank you Firas,

a couple of comments from my side to the current model and where the new model needs to improve:

1. Wifi signal is weak. That has been discussed several times in this forum. Hopefully the new model can improve
  2. The battery of the 1MKII is sub-standard. In full use, my Carbon by now lasts about 3-4 hours. Brand new, it was more in the 5-7 hours range (still not impressive), but after a year of charging cycles, it has gone down rather woefully. Iā€™m living most of the time in what is called a 3rd world country with dodgy power supply (plenty of spikes and brown-outs). All my rechargeable batteries suffer - phones, laptops etc. But it feels that the Carbon battery is giving in faster than those of other phones in my household. Particularly with a fixed battery (ie, not exchangeable) as in the Carbon, the battery needs to be stronger and more robust as the current one built in. After all, itā€™s supposed to last for several years.
  3. Battery also seems to get hot, occasionally, for no particular reason?
  4. Using automation software in my Carbon and other phones in my household, it appears to me that the Carbon in comparison was slow/weak with all geofencing tasks (GPS issue?). Equally, sometimes, the tasks are just simply not getting executed (CPU issue?) Has anybody similar experience with automation software and the Carbon? Iā€™m using MacroDroid.

Cheers,
Kofi