Carbon 1 MK II Packaging: With or without Power Adapter (Sustainability Aspect)

Hello @vtracy
The device has protection against high voltage.
I got a 30w charger off the market. that adapted to 12w-15w charging on Carbon 1 Mark II.
In principle, it should be okay.

Wireless charging is still not possible on the current development of HyRECM technology state of the art. This is part of the development for the generation Carbon 1 smartphone.
Best,
Firas.

1 Like

In that case, I am all in favour of offering the charger as a paid add-on.
That even gives you the opportunity to offer a really nice charger, for example in the form of a stand that fits with the phone both in colour and material.
Volker

2 Likes

Ich finde die Idee vom Volker sehr gut mit einem LadegerƤt das auch etwas besonderes ist wie das Telefon

Normal charging clear, works with any USB charger, since it is standardized.
What about the quick charge function?

In my experience this only works with the original charger.
Is that not the case with Carbon? According to the homepage it will have a quick charging function.

Normales Laden klar, geht mit jedem USB-LadegerƤt, da ja genormt.
Wie sieht es den mit der Schnellladefunktion aus?

Nach meinen Erfahrungen geht das immer nur mit dem jeweiligen OriginalladegerƤt.
Ist das beim Carbon nicht so? Eine Schnellladefuktion wird es ja laut Homepage haben.

Good point Achim,

our MediaTek P90 Chipset supports PE4.0 (PumpExpress) Fast Charge.
Which is FastCharge that 100% compatible with PE3.0 (Power Delivery), which most chargers you buy today will have that. Fast Charge will be around 18w.
Otherwise, it will charge at a normal charging speed.

I think, new product should be complete. instead to ask - to

be or not to be, I suggest to think how should it BE! imagine carbon has very cool charger - quick and nice design. I wrote already about it many weeks ago - we donĀ“t have induction charger, so we need to have coolest charger ever. there are a lot of people, which like me, pay attention to small details. for example - usually standard charger cable has bad quality, so you need to buy something better. why I should buy something better instead to get THE BEST as standard by carbon? now I am using this cable - itĀ“s felxible, has nice colour. in my opinion carbon should be perfect from top to toe.

1 Like

I was just wondering how the phone will be shipped and if youā€˜re in corporation with forwarders specialized in electronics shipments who handle the phone packaging with utmost care & also treat their own staff fair. I think thatā€™s a part of sustainability as well & it would be really annoying if the phone or packaging were damaged during the transport (which canā€™t be avoided by 100%), especially for those whoā€˜ve been waiting years to receive it.

2 Likes

I already have a few dozen chargers, so didnā€™t need one. But.

@jamie did state: ā€œPlease be assured that if you have ordered a device already, you will receive an adapter free of charge.ā€

With the shipping delays, Brexit and everything else that happened in the mean time, I guess the policy changed and not advised to Carbonizers? All I can say is that no charger was included with my 'phone.

I donā€™t need one, Iā€™ve got loads, though I was surprised when one was not sent, given the assurance from Jamie.

Yes, adapter is free of charge.
However, when we had the founder edition, the charger werenā€™t in Germany yet.
We have them now and happy to ship to those who want a charger.

2 Likes

Ich wĆ¼rde gerne ein LadegerƤt haben.

Iā€™d like to have a charger.

1 Like

I would also like to have one, maybe shipped together with the jabras.

3 Likes

Me too please, i would like to have a charger too. I Like also the Idea to ship them with the Jabraā€™sā€¦

2 Likes

I would also like a charger.

1 Like

Guten Morgen ihr Carbon Fans wie wƤre es mit einer Dockingstation fĆ¼r das Carbon. Dann wĆ¼rde es nicht so lieblos rumliegen.:+1:

1 Like

What is the use case for you regarding docking station?
So we can think about ideas on the best design

1 Like

Hallo
Das Design wĆ¼rde ich minimalistisch halten
das man die Funktion der Nachtuhr besser im Blick hat
Dockingstation in Verbindung dem PC, Laptop, Fernseherā€¦ Oder anderen Entertainment Systemen
Vielleicht auch im Bereich Homeofficeā€¦? das man da auch Anwendungsmƶglichkeiten hat

1 Like

Hi All
@Achim @Thom @Timedeveloper
To claim your free charger, please just take a moment to complete this form as it will help us collate who needs a charger.
https://landing.carbonmobile.com/chargerclaim
Weā€™re working on getting these out to people alongside the Reward gift in the next 2 weeks.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Jamie,
which Form? The Link ist not working for meā€¦

Thanks Klaus, try again now - glitch in the linking system of the community software

Thank you.
:slightly_smiling_face: