ANDROID 11 - Latest News

what about other apps, the camera doesn’t work as well? e.g. Telegram or Whatsapp?
Can you try a QR reader from the app store, e.g. QR code reader & QR code Scanner - Apps on Google Play

Thanks Firas, same for me but already some audio issue with previous Os, perhaps hardware for me, indeed with an headset the issue is not present more but it don’t help to point hard or software issue.

1 Like

If I turn on the night light and swipe through the menues, the system seems to switch between normal brightness and night light, especially noticeable on white backgrounds.

3 Likes

you mean the exact same issue?
Because there was another issue with loud speaker not being so loud.

1 Like

that’s correct, we noticed the same issue as well.
We are trying to fix it for the next update.

Hello firas,
I think I recognized the issue also through normal earpiece. My wife just calling me and complained she heard her own voice. Is this also the known issue?

Fyi it was very noisy at my place.

I have also the problem with the loud speaker not being so loud. It’s like described in summer with a YouTube video having full loudness for a second and then getting silent.

I bought the phone on Thursday and immediately updated to Android 11 so I don’t know if it has to do with the update.

Another problem I have is the always on mode for the screen. It always has the same brightness as the phone in unlocked state. Usually AOS has minimum brightness to safe battery and not disturbing in the night.

Greetings

1 Like

Yes same issue with audio during a call, the other party doesn’t hear me speaking correctly, the communication is hashed.

1 Like

Hello guys,
Yes, on Android 11 with speaker mode, it has an issue with echo.
While, on earpiece, there is a small echo, we are trying to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

@stepc0re , good point on the always on display.
Will address that as well.

1 Like

Hi Firas, love the android 11 update. Well done.
Unfortunately, still struggling with the speaker loudness as well. It’s loud for a second and then immediately drops to very quiet. Not sure if this can be fixed with an update. If yes I’d be incredibly happy :blush:

1 Like

we are aware of this issue, we are trying our best to fix it in the next update.
Very happy you are enjoying your Carbon :alien:.

1 Like

I was wondering if it would be possible to start the phone by double tapping the screen. My old phone used to have this function and after some years the power button didn’t work reliably, so that’s been the only way to start it.

2 Likes

Hello,
FINALLY UPDATE.
Thank you @firascarbonizer
Thank you team. firstly, for not letting us down. secondly, all of this during toughest time.
Great!

Updated phone two days back, immediate difference seen was with fingerprint, it’s either become super sensitive or super latharghic, yet to figure out.
Apart from this all seems to work fine, don’t wana comment this quick,
Issue noticed with WhatsApp, with uploading pictures and downloading them. Is this common isuue or some changes in settings I’ll solve issue?
Not really sat with phone since update.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello @Tejas
Congrats.
Great to hear that.
Regarding Whatsapp, it’s a common issue on other devices as well.

2 Likes

When I open the contacts, the app is showing them in bright design although I’ve chosen the dark mode. I guess before the update it’s been dark too and I can’t find any way to change that in the settings.

1 Like

For a short time we started the true relationship with ANDROID 11. Now we are getting to know 11.

My brother and some good friends have already arrived at ANDROID 12.

Are there any plans? Or is the 11version standard for 2022 and with nice little things our CARBON will be upgraded?

1 Like

hello @Thom
Correct, yes, this is to be updated in the next update.

1 Like

Hello @latina-007
Highly appreciate your message.
We are still planning for Android 12, we are in contact with our vendors to set a plan for Android 12.
Will keep you posted.

2 Likes

Hi Firas,
i have the same issue after A11 update. But not only in speakermode. The normal calls too. The people on the other site of the line are hearing they own voice in echo. And they can’t hear me correctly…bad quality. Also problems with saved images on the storage of the CM. Can’t replay pictures (WhatsApp, Signal). When i want to send a pic on my Foto-Storage on the CM the Application says : Sorry this file don’t exist on your internal storage. May it could be a permission case after Update!..BR Miran

1 Like

I also have problems with the Speaker.
The sound is loud for 1 second and then soft again. Listening to Music and watching Videos is not possible because it is far too quiet, even at full volume. The same problem with the Ringtone. Is there an Update coming here? Otherwise I have to send the Device back.

1 Like

Hello @Mirhannes
Yes, the echo issue realized after Android 11 released.
We are trying to resolve it.
Regarding Whatsapp, it’s a common issue on other devices (other brands) as well, here is a solution: