ANDROID 11 - Latest News

Thanks for the update, installing worked without problems. After that I wanted to check out the camera, but I had to wait a bit as the phone became too hot for opening the app. It’s good to have more setting options (need to take more pictures to see improvements of them). Then I switched to the video mode but there needs to be improved something, it doesn’ really work:

Hi Thom. Thanks for reporting. Can you please switch the video resolution to 1080p and see if the video looks ok?

Thanks for your help. Every resolution except the highest is working.

The setting for changing the brightness of the carbon logo isn‘t available any more.

Swiping through the menues sometimes seems to be not as smooth as before.

1 Like

I also have problems after the update to Android 11.
Camera problem with too high temperature.
WhatsApp videos are not retrievable.

We will try to fix it in the next update.

Hello @snoopy58
It seems WhatsApp missing attachments, and can’t upload photos/videos is an issue that’s common on other devices too when upgrading from Android 10 to 11.
Can you please try the following? (solution from Oneplus community:
After Android 11 updates issues with whatsapp media files | Page 17 - OnePlus Community

No need to move or copy anything…Just follow the below steps-
1- Force stop whatsapp
2- Rename the main WHATSAPP folder (File manager → Phone storage → Whatsapp) to any other name (Example- Whatsappx)
3- Restart your mobile & you are done… :)
NOTE- Your media problem, stories & backup problem will be solved…Just wait a lil for backup or tap & try 2-3 times :)"

3 Likes

Till now now update on my phone, Do you have also a link?

1 Like

Hi Firas,
thank you very much for the extremely fast answer. I have followed the steps and it works perfectly. This is really a great support from you. I am so happy with my Carbon 1.

2 Likes

@firascarbonizer Just finished installing Android 11 on my phone, no problems and all the data is still there :blush:

Once again CarbonMobile has delivered, the phone feels even more responsive than before. (And once again I really, really wish you would have communicated more during the run up, it works wonders for your customers’ patience and good will…)

One thing that might be interesting for other users: The update would not download while Blokada was active, after disabling it everything went without a hitch.

2 Likes

I’ve updated to Android 11.

I have noticed at least two spelling mistakes (possibly not present in other languages).
Lockscreen is spelled as “locskcreen” (or similar) in one of the settings, and select is spelled as “selec” too.

I was looking to see how I could customise the always on display, but have so far not been able to change it. I’m assuming it isn’t possible?

I’ve also not been able to remove the Google search bar from the home screen which I thought was meant to be possible in the new version?

I must say that the always on display does make a huge difference and I appreciate that being included, thanks.

Hello,

Just a little remark, do you know why the dark mode isn’t working for the Phone app?

Indeed, the device runs very smoothly

Thanks
Regards
Laurent

Hi @snoopy58

have you tried formatting data after upgrading the device?
If not then
Please, format the data and reinstall all the apps, and check if everything is fine.
it will take 2-3 days to set up the cache and settle the device in the background.
if you don’t want to lose data then reinstall the app, clear cache & data from settings, and reboot the device.

I hope this may help you.

Hi @MkStevo

Thanks for your valuable feedback, we will try to fix it in the coming update.

Hi,
which data shall be formatted and what is the reason behind this?
Please give me more detailed information.
Which App shall be reinstalled?

In the moment there is no problem with my data after the update.

Could it be, that the finderprint sensor has deteriorated again after the update. Firstly, it no longer recognizes my thumb so well and it also takes a very long time until the display turns on again. We also had this error at the beginning.

In addition, the camera no longer recognizes QR codes. I can therefore no longer save my vaccination records.

Kind regards
Alexander

Good point, we missed that… we fix it in the next update.

Thanks for your notes @MkStevo
I can‘t find the spelling issues…can you please screenshot them?

• always on display: settings - lockscreen - always show time and info.

• Google Bar, it’s hard at the moment, as it’s part of google certification process. We push on this next time.

Ich habe gerade mit der CovPassCheck-App versucht ein Certifikat zu verifizieren, das funktionierte problemlos, der QR-code muss also erkannt worden sein.

hello @Irrlicht
Which app are you using? ‘‘CovPassCheck’’?
It should work, and it’s also working for me.

Hi,
After the update to Android 11, the people I call experience a crackling and echoing sound. Hear themselves back when their talk.
If you put the phone on loudspeaker it is even worse and no longer possible to have a conversation.
I have already tried several things to solve it, turned off 4g calling and wifi calling, did a factory reset, sound enhancement on and off.
Think it’s a software problem.
Is there a solution for this? I call quite a lot because of work.

1 Like